Animal no longer available

Visit a different page:

Garth BrooksRescue Me ID: 21-12-16-00209

No longer available

About Garth Brooks

Bloodhound / Catahoula
Age: Adult
Sex: Male

Hi, we have a half bloodhound half catahoula 5.5 year old (up to date on vaccinations, heartworm prevention, and flea/tick prevention) named Garth Brooks. We have had Garth since he was 6 weeks old. He is highly trained - leash and e collar and does great off leash. He loves going fishing (and will even let you know when the bobber goes under) and on the boat watching the kids water ski. Garth is pretty low key and spends his days napping in our closet or under our bed. Unfortunately Garth has started to show some aggressive behaviors. He has learned that if he doesn't want to do something and snaps /bites, he doesn't have to do it. If it were just me and my husband, we would easily be able to navigate it. But with 4 little children and neighborhood kids coming in and out of our house constantly it has become impossible to make sure everyone is safe all the time. 99% of the time he is the sweetest easiest dog on earth but unfortunately the other 1% makes it very scary for us with littles. We need help rehoming him. He'd do best with an active couple who love to be outside - no kids and possibly no dogs. He is the alpha and does fine with other dogs (we foster dogs) but is food aggressive. So that would need to be taken into consideration. Please reach out to me if you have further questions.

Montgomery County
Magnolia, Texas 77354


  • Good with Most Dogs
  • Not Good with Cats
  • Good with Kids and Adults


  • Low Energy
  • Somewhat Dominant


  • Neutered
  • Vaccinations Current
  • Aggressive
  • Fearful/Anxious

Facebook Share/Comments

We block people who post offensive messages. See a problem? REPORT NOW

Please ✔ check "Also post on Facebook" after typing a question or comment.